We are a collaborative team that blends fresh ideas and skills with seasoned direction. We’re all about one thing: passion for our work. Our goal is to constantly raise the bar on quality and service – all while having fun.
But, enough about us! We want to know more about you and your skillset.
I.T. AND MEDIA TECHNICIAN
This position is part of our Digital Processes department, serving as administrator and support technician for our IT network, server, hardware, software, media, and communications systems. This position will also assist our editors in tasks necessary to bring audio and visual files into our system, organize them, get them out the door and then archive and catalog them for future retrieval. It may also include handling direct client requests for revisions, updates & versions to pieces that we have produced. Our work environment is creative, collaborative, hectic and demanding. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Extraordinary attention to detail is critical. This position requires a self-starter who can make independent decisions, prioritize tasks appropriately, and handle pressure under deadlines.
- Support daily operations of the network, IT hardware and software systems, and media archiving and management
- Serve as the administrator for and provide user support of information, media, and communication business systems, telecommunications and related issues
- Install and maintain local and wide area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, etc.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment and directories
- Train users on software and equipment usage
- Communicate with company personnel face-to-face, over the phone and electronically to report and resolve software, hardware and operational problems
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.)
- Support IT issues and users when necessary
- Support remote users with connectivity issues using VPN
- Ensure back-up and archiving of media and systems is properly working
- Work collaboratively with our Project Manager and Editors to complete digital process tasks and requests efficiently and accurately
- Provide attentive internal and external communication
- Ingest, project and file prep for editor, color, and audio
- Document IT systems and processes
- Occasional evening & weekend work required
- Associates degree in Information Technology, applicable certifications, or 3 years experience
- Ability to be physically on-site as needed on short notice
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Familiarity with software and hardware of PCs and network servers
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and industry best practices
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail & ability to multitask
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Dependable, bright, quick learner, self-motivated, and a passion for our industry
- Desire to be part of a team. We are a small, close group.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve
- Experience with AVID Media Composer
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, frame rates, resolutions, and their proper handling in a post-production workflow
Compensation: Competitive compensation, plus health and retirement benefits.
Schedule: 8-hour workdays, M-F. Flexibility to adjust schedules to meet work demands is essential. At-home & in-office combo.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please format the subject line as “IT & Media Technician – Your Name”