We are a collaborative team that blends fresh ideas and skills with seasoned direction. We’re all about one thing: passion for our work. Our goal is to constantly raise the bar on quality and service – all while having fun.
But, enough about us! We want to know more about you and your skillset.
This position is part of our Digital Processes department, managing our digital assets and information technology, as well as assisting our editors by preparing files. It involves meticulous attention to detail to master our systems, archives, current projects, and constant requests that come into the department. It requires a bit of everything to assist our senior editors in the tasks necessary to bring audio and visual files into our system, organize them, get them out the door and then archive and catalog them for future retrieval. It also includes handling direct client requests for revisions, updates & versions to pieces that we have produced.
Our work environment is creative, collaborative, hectic and demanding. We strive for excellence in everything we do. This is a critical position in our organization because the Digital Processes department is often the last to touch our product before it goes out the door to our clients. Extraordinary attention to detail is critical. This position requires a self-starter who can make independent decisions, prioritize tasks appropriately, and handle pressure under deadlines.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with our Project Manager and Assistant Editors to complete digital process tasks and requests efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain meticulous organization of digital assets and project files, including naming conventions, backups, archiving, and databases.
- Monitor and maintain our IT systems.
- Attentive client communication
- Digital asset management, ingest, project and file prep for editor, color, and audio
- Some conform work for color, audio, and graphics
- Slating and delivery
- At least two years’ experience with Adobe Premiere.
- At least two years’ experience with digital asset management.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail & ability to multitask.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Dependable, bright, quick learner, self-motivated, and a passion for our industry.
- Great computer skills with the ability and desire to learn new things quickly.
- Desire to be part of a team. We are a small, close group.
- Working knowledge of After Effects
- Experience with Davinci Resolve
- Experience with AVID Media Composer
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, frame rates, resolutions, and their proper handling in a post-production workflow
- Understanding of delivery standards (broadcast, digital, and web)
- Strong knowledge of project organization and archival workflows
- Related college degree preferred.
Compensation: competitive compensation, plus health and retirement benefits.
Schedule: 8-hour workdays, M-F. May be scheduled to begin at 9am, 10am or 11am, depending on client needs. Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet work demands is essential. At-home & in-office combo.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please format the subject line as “Media Manager – Your Name.”
Do you hear things differently?
Wonder why people don’t appreciate all of the amazing sounds around them? If so, you may be for us! We are a full service production/post studio that feels like the last stop is one of the most important. Nothing speaks to the amygdala like sound. Music & sound truly tap emotions like nothing else can. We want someone who lives sound & loves to share it in all of its forms.
Why should you share your passion with us?
Because we love it too. We love the teamwork it takes to create pieces that stand out & raise the bar. We truly enjoy what we do & the people we do it with. We understand the desire to do great work & yet have a flexible schedule. Sure there is the steady paycheck, health insurance, retirement plan & profit sharing, but all of that comes with the sense of being a part of something bigger than yourself. Something that can amplify, grow & share your love of sound.
So what are we looking for?
- A passion for creative sound design across all of its outlets.
- Considerable experience recording & directing VO Talent, in person & remote.
- Extensive experience with client supervised sweetening sessions.
- Very personable & great with clients.
- A team player who loves collaboration internally & with clients.
- Someone who wants to learn & constantly improve themselves.
- Strong musical sense & ability do killer music edits.
- Skillful ability to enhance stock music & add instruments on top.
- Broad knowledge of music libraries & a mystic ability to find just the right cut.
- Fully custom music composition is a huge plus.
Sound like you?
Please send resume & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org & put your name plus Twenty Thousand Hertz in the subject line.
We’re always welcoming new relationships and actively recruit freelancers.
Share your work with email@example.com to be considered for freelancer opportunities and future openings.
Please include one of the following specialties in the subject line:
- Audio Mixer
- 2D and/or 3D Motion Graphics Designer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Production [Assistant, Camera Op, Director, etc]
- Voice Overs